I’m a natural-born writer currently living in northwest Arkansas. I’ve been online and maintaining web sites since 1995. Bellesouth became my brainchild in 1999 when I noticed that female presence on the Web was coming mostly from the west coast.
I set out to prove that smart, sassy and Southern could come in one package.
Meanwhile, I had to make money, and while starting out in small office-temp jobs and an internship for an award-winning, statewide weekly newspaper, I started looking at ways online to generate income. In 2000, I found myself using the Internet to supplement my income through writing, earning rewards, as well as living on free shampoo, soap and other samples I found online.
Many designs and relocations later, Bellesouth has evolved from a personal site into a dynamic social-media presence. I now earn a living by sharing stories about my life as a caregiver, the work I do with animals, offering consumer tips, reviewing products and services and finding cool and interesting things to share with the world.
My main goal at Bellesouth is exactly what it says at the top of this page: BS with no BS.
I give you the real story, often adding snark and humor, as I find it in nearly everything in my life.
Here I share personal stories, reviews, tips on everything from how to be an informed consumer to how to get a cute set of nails.
I promise no smoke and mirrors, and I will never make outrageous claims about anything; I’ll just share personal experience and additional research.
But enough of all that. Onto the facts and useless trivia!
- My only child has four paws and a waggly tail.
- If I were a tree, I’d be either a silk Ficus or one of those obnoxiously tall wireless towers that look like trees. Have to stay artificial with the allergies and all.
- I am a former newspaper reporter and recipient of multiple awards from the Arkansas Press Association and the Louisiana Press Association.
- My Spotify playlist currently includes Feist, Ben Folds Five, and Miss Piggy.
- I was once interviewed by Star Jones on live, national television.
- My favorite books include To Kill A Mockingbird, The Handmaid’s Tale, Lies and the Lying Liars Who Tell Them and The Runaway Bunny.
- I believe every person has the right to food, education and air conditioning.
- My superhero power is the ability to render watch batteries, magnetic strips and incandescent light bulbs completely useless.
- I can’t stand dresses, heels or handbags; but I love makeup palettes and cross-body purses.
- I’m always online – even while I’m sleeping. You can find me on Twitter, Facebook, Google+, Foursquare, Pinterest and Getglue.
If you are a PR Representative or a brand looking for partnerships, visit my PR Friendly page for info on services provided and to request a media kit.